This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
I know I’m not the only one who does this but you know when you have this like boundary around you when you’re sitting at a table or a desk that only you are allowed to be in
And then someone or something that isn’t yours
gets in that space
and you just
Holy fuck finally someone who understands
erik lehnsherr + charles xavier
Boy with a juicy basket of fruit
Boy with a basket of fruit (c. 1593), Caravaggio / Juicy, The Notorious B.I.G.
Her hair was a mane of jet-black ringlets that fell to the small of her back, and around her brow was a band of copper suns. Where the Sand Snakes were tall, Arianne took after her mother, who stood but five foot two. She is still a little thing, the captain thought. Yet beneath her jewelled girdle and loose layers of flowing purple silk and yellow samite she had a woman’s body, lush and roundly curved.
*happy birthday m
star wars meme: eight characters (1/8) → C-3PO
"I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations."
Politeness is d e c e p t i o n in pretty packaging.